Friday, March 10, 2017

Drawings Inspired by Old-School DND

Now that Freebooters and Raiders! are in the bag, what's next for Night Owl Workshop?

A project idea I mentioned last year a "sketchbook" filled with drawings with original edition stats that could be used as a reference book at the gaming table is in the works. Here is a preview of the cover:


It took me a while to figure out the right format for it, then when I was at Emerald City Comic Con I was looking at the Book of Drawings I recently made and it struck me exactly how the project should look and feel. It is going to be an eclectic menagerie of stuff that will be useful for a variety of gaming styles and campaigns. The closest analogy is probably the OSR fanzines like Wormskin or Knockspell, but even more varied with some sci-fi and sword & planet action in there. At any rate, I am deep into writing the descriptions and working out the stats for weird creatures, martian princesses, pirates, space ships, and the undead!

No comments:

Post a Comment